Friday, March 1, 2013

Routines and Whatever you do…

 

do it heartily as unto the Lord. Col. 3:23

I just heard the young husbands’ truck start up across the street as he heads off to work. He leaves at the same time each work day morning. This morning I heard it and felt sad, as there is no more routine for my husband or routine as an ‘us’. I have to find my own routine and I really haven’t yet.

Although, I do get up and read from ‘Jesus Calling’ and my Bible and write some in my journal first thing.  It is a good way to fill me up with God’s love, peace and strength for the day. Other than that, I go with the flow.

On days I work at my part time job, I do a few things before leaving for work then head off out into the hectic world that we live in. I would love to make money from home. I have my little Etsy shop but closed it down right after my husband went to be with Jesus as I just couldn’t handle it right then.

It is hard for me to get back into a creative mode, when so many things are rumbling around in my head about things to take care of around here. One verse of scripture that I must keep close to my heart is  ~ Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you. 1Pe_5:7

As I go about my day, sometimes in a semi-fog, may I learn to ask for his guidance  for  even the smallest thing as I grope my way here in the beginning of this new stage of this journey of life without my dear husband and best friend.

God has helped me in little things and I have been filled with joy and thanksgiving with each one. I know he will help me in bigger things also.

I want to do ‘everything heartily as unto the Lord.’

I will close with the following:

It is of the LORD'S mercies that we are not consumed,

because his compassions fail not.

They are new every morning:

great is thy faithfulness.

The LORD is my portion, saith my soul;

therefore will I hope in him.
 
The LORD is good unto them that wait for him,

to the soul that seeketh him.
 
It is good that a man should both hope and quietly wait

for the salvation of the LORD.

Lam 3:22-26

***

Continue to wait on and hope in the Lord.

FlowerLady Lorraine

2 comments:

  1. Keeping your faith and going with the flow are two pretty good things Lorraine. Such early days my dear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is such a new stage in your life's journey Lorraine, and sometimes there seems to be little reason for the flourish of tears and emotion. The simplist thing can do it. You are still finding your way, your own individual routine albeit a new one and so much is different. You are an inspiration for amid the wrenching heartache you embrace your faith, relish your wonderful garden and still see the many joys around you.
    xx

    ReplyDelete