Sunday, February 3, 2013

This is the worst thing

 

that I’ve ever been through. If it wasn’t for God, I would be a total basket case. As it is, I have my moments where I feel ~ what is the use of doing anything anymore. My love who I shared everything with is gone, G O N E. There is not much joy here by myself.

I do thank God though, all day long for my tears, for my blessings, and for drawing me closer to Him. He has brought me to where I am today. He knows every facet of my life. He loves me dearly as He does all of us. This is where I am meant to be, at this moment in my life. God is working in me, strengthening my faith in Him. I am grateful, and wish to be full of grace.

This morning I worked on cutting back jasmine that is in the front hedgerow. It was about 3’ higher than the 6’ wire fencing that we have there. I then cut it all up smaller which filled 3 bags for the county to pick up and turn into mulch, which is then free to residents.

I’ve more jasmine on the west end and that will be another day’s project. I talked to God all morning as things are on my heart, and only He can sort it all out and heal my broken heart.

When I came in later, I thought I’ve got to get a grip here, God be thou my strength. The living room was a wreck, the kitchen needed cleaning up, I had cried several times and then I remembered a verse that was just what I needed, and what I need to remember daily. I just looked it up in my E-sword program and here it is.

And whatsoever ye do, do it heartily, as to the Lord, and not unto men; 

Colossians 3:23

Here’s another:

And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by him.

Col 3:17

I am reading the book ‘1000 Gifts ~ A Dare to LIVE FULLY Right Where You are’ by Ann Voskamp. This is about finding joy in our every day lives, in ordinary things. Being thankful for everything, as God works all things out for each of us. Being thankful is trusting God.

Here is an excerpt: “Everything is eucharisteo. Because eucharisteo is how Jesus, at the Last Supper, showed us to transfigure all things – take the pain that is given, give thanks for it, and transform it into a joy that fulfills all emptiness.”

Eucharisteo means 

  • to be grateful, feel thankful
  • give thanks

    the LORD gave, and the LORD hath taken away; blessed be the name of the LORD. Job 1:21

    Giving thanks always for all things unto God and the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ;  Ephesians 5:20

    With that I will close this post.

    Thank you all once again for your prayers. They are lifting me up to where I want to be, and that is trusting in Jesus more fully as I live each day.

    FlowerLady Lorraine

  • 6 comments:

    1. Sorry you had a bad day. I think grieving is a process that takes time. These times can bring up so much closer to God. Hugs.

      ReplyDelete
    2. Lorraine, you are doing just fine. It’s a process and deserves all the emotional triumphs and pitfalls you are feeling. No one else can go through your journey. It’s yours. All we can do is walk beside you with good thoughts for the future.

      ReplyDelete
    3. This journey through life is definitely not an easy one. Just know that we are always here for you and I'm glad that you are getting things off your chest in your blogs. A purging of the soul and an outlet for the emotions that must be released. A BIG hug to you!

      ReplyDelete
    4. God bless you my sweet sister. I love you and I love reading your blogs. Your flowers and gardens are beautiful and the little thing you made for our Emily is beautiful. You make me feel like crying and laughing at the same time and I wish I could be there to visit with you. Maybe someday soon. Much love to you.

      ReplyDelete
    5. This will be a very hard season for you, but the Lord will be faithful to fill your emptiness with Himself as He restores your heart. You will sense His presence and closeness like never before. Though this part of our lives is difficult and emotionally painful, it is full of good things still! One Thousand Gifts was a blessing for me too. It certainly encourages a fresh perspective. Let us continue to notice all we have to be thankful for. Hugs for you today.

      ReplyDelete
    6. yes Lorraine there are people that are on here that dont have the courage you have to share your true honest feelings..be proud because YOU are an inspiration to me not because you a always so brave and open..some never clear their soul and put up a false front.

      ReplyDelete