Friday, January 25, 2019

Good morning ~ Today is a new day, let us rejoice and be glad in it.


Last evening before bed, I was going through my Bible, reading verses that I had underlined and came across this one in Jeremiah 31:25 


For I have satiated the weary soul, 
and I have replenished every sorrowful soul.

I thought the word satiated meant to be full, and it does, but looking it up this morning I see that it also means satisfied.  Replenished means  -  to fill or build up again. 

This is what Jesus does for us, He satisfies us and He builds us up again. He heals our broken hearts. He gives us strength each and every day. 

In Lamentations 3:22-25 we read the following:

"It is of the Lord's mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not.

They are new every morning: great is thy faithfulness.

The Lord is my portion, saith my soul; therefore will I hope in him.

The Lord is good unto them that wait for him, to the soul that seeketh him.

It is good that a man should both hope and quietly wait for the salvation of the Lord."

***

As we hope and quietly wait for Jesus to work in our lives, 
we will be fully satisfied and replenished. It may take time, but we know that God works it all out according to His plan, for what is best for us and for His honor and glory.

May you feel God's love, peace and joy surrounding and flowing through you.

Seek Him in all things.


FlowerLady







5 comments:

  1. I'm here from your comment link at Ann's.

    All I can add to your thoughts today is an AMEN!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How beautiful, dear Lorraine ~
    I think it is wonderful that you share for other widows to be encouraged.

    God bless you ♡

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are Scriptures I have clung to as well. The Lord is faithful and true and does not disappoint. {{hugs}}

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Ms. Lorraine, it is true that our good Lord is able to satiate and replenish us and never the things of the world. His Word is truly enough. We just have to have faith. Warm regards! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. For I have satiated the weary soul,
    and I have replenished every sorrowful soul.
    ---------
    this is so true...thank you for sharing these beautiful and encouraging verses. blessings to you

    ReplyDelete