Friday, March 10, 2017

The Lord is my Strength

 

Good morning ~ It’s been awhile since I’ve posted here. I post regularly in my other blog FlowerLady’s Musings.

I’ve been feeling the urge to get back into posting here so here I am.

It has been 4 years 3 months and 1 day since my dear husband went to be with Jesus. I have made forward progress in the grieving process, but like this morning, it can sneak up on me at any given time.

I wake up early every morning ever since my husband left this planet, usually around 4. This morning I woke up right around then, after having an emotional dream. I sat up on the edge of the bed, thanking Jesus for this new day, (talking to Him out loud), then thanked Him for the love my husband and I had shared as husband and wife for 43 years. I then said how I love my husband still & even more & that I miss him and then broke down sobbing. The tears subsided and I felt somewhat better after the release of tension and sadness and got up to get started with my day.

Each morning I have coffee with my devotional time. At that time of morning traffic is quiet and it is nice to read and pray before the hurry/scurry of the day gets started.

Lately I’ve been picking up my husband’s Bible and opening it up to see what verse or verses, of scripture he might have marked, and how would they speak to me. This mornings’ verse that spoke to my heart, was found in a section of marked verses, Nehemiah 8: 9-12. and in the margin he had written one word, EXCELLENT.  Verse 10b was the part that stood out to me, especially after my emotional start to this day.

This day is holy to our Lord. Do not grieve, for the joy of the Lord is your strength.” NIV

Each day is a gift, from our heavenly Father.

The verse about God’s compassion on us came to mind so I looked it up and will share it here.

Lamentations 3:22-26

It is of the LORD'S mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not.
 
They are new every morning:
great is thy faithfulness.
 
The LORD is my portion, saith my soul;
therefore will I hope in him.
 
The LORD is good unto them that wait for him,
to the soul that seeketh him.
 
It is good that a man should both hope and quietly wait for the salvation of the LORD.

The Lord is my strength when I am weak.

He has promised to never leave me.

He is working all things out for good and for His glory in my life.

Don’t give up. You are not alone. Call out to Jesus for help when you need it.

Thank Him daily for all that He does for you, large or small blessings.

For me a small blessing yesterday was, asking for His help in cutting over hanging limbs from our neighbor’s trees that hang over my driveway.  I got out my pole saw and began sawing, and also used my hand clippers to cut things up smaller. When I had done what needed to be done, I had a huge smile on my face and thankfulness in my heart.

The day before He gave me the idea to look in a certain area of ‘stuff’ to find a pipe I needed for a project. Again, a smile on my face and thankfulness overflowing.

Every day we have much to be thankful for if we will just open our eyes, ears and hearts.

Being a widow isn’t easy, but Jesus blesses us with what we need in each new day.

Trust Him.

FlowerLady

 

02-28-ruths-wavy

10 comments:

  1. I did not know you had this blog, some how I must have missed you announcing it on your other blog. I'm happy I have found it.
    This was stich a heartfelt post as well as filled with gratitude, beautiful, Lorraine.
    That verse was awesome considering how you woke up and began your day. God is faithful!

    Bless you ♡

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Lord is my portion, too. Thank you for sharing the encouragement by which you were encouraged! XO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rainey, You have a real treasure in your husband's Bible. It must be a great comfort to your soul when you hold his Bible, knowing his hands caressed the pages and his heart was devoted to the Lord, and you. Much love to you, dear friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello dear friend, sorry I have been so slack in blogging and checking up on you. Big hug and love, Gina

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rainey, I'm sending you hugs and prayers. I need to find the strength you so freely share.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for sharing your grieving journey Rainey. It's a blessing to see how God uses what's already there, set aside for the time you need to see how he uses your husbands very words in Gods word to bring you comfort.

    ReplyDelete
  7. some how I must have missed you announcing it on your other blog. I'm happy I have found it.


    เย็ดสาว

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Lorraine I'm glad your faith helps you deal with your loss. I have only just recently re-discovered mine!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful post. Jesus is awesome and cares about every detail of our lives. He gives me breath and I give him praise. Missing your husband must be hard, and I hope your heart will once again sing. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete