Sunday, August 17, 2014

Twenty Months & eight days

 

Hello there ~ It’s been awhile since I last wrote in this blog. Life is zipping right along. Most days are somewhat normal, then you get hit with a whammy of grief! It just comes out of the blue and there is nothing you can do but go with it.

It hit me a little while ago and I went into the bedroom, grabbed a pillow off the bed, threw it on the floor and knelt beside the bed where my dear husband had laid his last few weeks before going to heaven and sobbed to Jesus.  All I could do was cry out Jesus’ name a couple of times, I couldn’t even pray. As I calmed, I thought of how sometimes we don’t know what to say but the Holy Spirit knows and does it for us.

I looked up the scripture so that I could post it here. I did not know that it was in Romans 8. When we got married and the pictures were being taken, one photo was of our hands  placed on the open Bible. I opened the Bible to Romans 8:28, as it is a special verse to me.

So, here is my scripture lesson for this day. May it speak to your hearts as it has mine.

***

For by hope were we saved: but hope that is seen is not hope: for who hopeth for that which he seeth?

But if we hope for that which we see not, then do we with patience wait for it.

And in like manner the Spirit also helpeth our infirmity: for we know not how to pray as we ought; but the Spirit himself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered;

and he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God.

And we know that to them that love God all things work together for good, even to them that are called according to his purpose.

Rom 8:24-28

***

I am so thankful for our 43 years together.

Thankful that our love continued to grow right through to the end, and my love still grows even today.

Even in my loss of the love of my life, Jesus is working all things out for good and His honor & glory.

FlowerLady

7 comments:

  1. I am so sorry my friend. Hugs to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I pray that you will continue to find grace for each day as the Lord becomes your sweetest treasure. Grief is so unpredictable and unfortunately it doesn't have a time table. I hope that you sleep well tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dearest Lorraine,
    How these moments hit and take you so unexpectedly and what a punch these whammies of grief pack.
    Your faith and the support and love of good friends will sustain you.
    Hugs
    Rose

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lorraine - my Tom used to say the same thing, love never dies you take it with you. A church where Tom once Pastored a retired school teacher came up to me after an evening service and said "Dodi- always remember this - "grace is never stored on a back burner, God gives it to you as you need it" How absolutely true , I've thought of her words many times. Today my brother-in-law was buried, another fine soul entering heaven.
    We have the wonderful comfort of knowing God offers us an infinite substitute for our infinite loss - the gift of himself - L-U - Dodi

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry. I know my grandma mourned for a decade at least, and then every once in a while after as I grew older, over the loss of my grandpa. My siblings and I used to stay over at her house once in a while to cheer her up. Be brave...you have your faith in Jesus and things of heaven. Think of it this way, you would be sad if you went first and your husband was so sad mourning you. So your sadness is a sacrifice for him, and one day your tears will turn to joy when you are reunited in heaven.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you all for your kind and supportive comments. God blesses me through your words.

    Andrea ~ I went to your lovely blogs and could not find a way to leave a comment or way to contact you. I look forward to reading more and checking out your delicious looking recipes too. I bookmarked your blog so I could find it again.

    Have a wonderful week Ladies.

    FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah FlowerLady, I'm so sorry to hear of the passing of your husband. I know you had such a deep and abiding love, and I'm so glad you find comfort in Jesus!

    ReplyDelete