Saturday, June 8, 2013

Six months

It will be six months tomorrow since my dear husband went to be with God his Creator and the Lover of his soul. How wonderful it must be to be ‘with’ God with no more cares about this world, no more pain, no more sorrow, no sin.

One day I will also be ‘with’ God in the same way, with no more pain, no more sorrow , no more sin.  Right now, God is with me as I walk this life’s road, missing my best friend, my mentor, my love. God comforts me through prayer, His word, through music, through people. He is with me every step of the way.  He has promised to never leave or forsake me.

In spite of the sadness of missing my husband, there is joy to be found in every day too. Seeing butterflies as they flit and drift about, landing on flowers for nectar. The sweet songs of birds that fill the air. The scents of freshly mown grass, of flowers, of delicious foods. Blue skies, rain to water gardens.  There are new friends, and old relationships being renewed.

I have much to be thankful for on this continuing journey.  The journey isn’t the same as it was in the past 43 years, it’s different. God is leading me, showing me new ways to trust in Him.

My prayer for each and every day is:

Cause me to hear thy lovingkindness in the morning;
for in thee do I trust:
cause me to know the way wherein I should walk;
for I lift up my soul unto thee.
Psa 143:8

May you feel God’s love presence flowing through and surrounding you as you walk your own journey.

FlowerLady Lorraine

 

06-02-zebra

4 comments:

  1. Everything you write is lovely, Lorraine. This milestone is indeed noteworthy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Remembering you today Lorraine. I understand.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your husband is, I'm sure, so incredibly proud of you, Lorraine. ♥

    ReplyDelete