Friday, March 15, 2013

Never alone

Recently I awoke at 3 a.m. and couldn’t go back to sleep. I turned on the light, put on my glasses and picked up my Bible and randomly opened it and it opened to the the two following verses, which were underlined in my Bible.

Two are better than one;
because they have a good reward for their labour.
For if they fall, the one will lift up his fellow:
but woe to him that is alone when he falleth;
for he hath not another to help him up.
Ecc 4:9-10

I thought to myself, ‘Oh this is just great! Now I’m all alone, how is this supposed to work now that my dear husband and best friend is gone?’ (Somewhat sarcastically I might add.) Then immediately it came to me that I am NOT alone, Jesus, my God, is with me 100% of the time. He has promised to never leave or forsake me.  I asked Jesus to forgive me and took in His words and felt calmed.

God has ways of speaking His truths to us, through our grieving. Even when what we read brings to mind what we are missing now that our husbands are gone.

God loves us dearly, we widows are very special to Him. Let us remember His promises, tucking them away into our hearts.

******

Be strong and of a good courage, fear not, nor be afraid of them: for the LORD thy God, he it is that doth go with thee; he will not fail thee, nor forsake thee. Deu_31:6

I will not fail thee, nor forsake thee. Joshua 1:5

Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee. Hebrews 13:5

Sincerely ~ FlowerLady Lorraine

2 comments:

  1. These are such wonderful promises, and such a touch from the Lord to open your Bible to the "two are better than one" passage. (My response would have been a little sarcastic too, Lorraine, I must admit). So good to hear the many ways the Lord walks with you on this journey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful post - very inspirational

    ReplyDelete